"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."--Dorothy Day

5.11.2007

Home...again.

I have found myself a bit homesick as of late. Wanting so badly to be in Austin, for just a few days. I think it's mainly because I'm really cold. I miss the feeling of leaving my cold office to enjoy the heat of my beloved car, Bianca. I miss parking her next to Tellulah in the mornings. I miss Kerbey Lane pancakes. I miss quiet outdoor dining. I miss hills and trees, uniterrupted by concrete. I miss UT. I miss Book People. I miss my friends (though most of them don't even live there anymore). I miss polite waitstaff. I miss Chili's. I miss MALLS. I miss driving to visit people, rather than having to fly across the country. I miss convenience. I miss space. I miss hippies.

No comments: