"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."--Dorothy Day

5.21.2007

A Beautiful Day.


Yesterday, CCfB participated in the 22nd Annual AIDS Walk New York. The weather was beautiful despite the ominous weather reports, and we had a wonderful time spending the day together (which is always the case). We were 15 of the over 45,000 people walking that day. And we (with the other 45,000 or so people) raised $6,857,527. This is one of my favorite days every year, as it helps me remember why it is that I do the work that I do. But it was even more special yesterday, to be able to do this with some of my favorite people by my side.

If you've missed the donation boat, don't worry. It's never too late. Click here to donate. Thank you to those who already have.

No comments: