"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."--Dorothy Day

11.08.2006

A Democracy Hangover.

People, I am tired to today. But it is a joyful tired, having stayed up into the wee small hours of the morning waiting for election results. Election day is like my Super Bowl. I love it, but that love generally turns to sorrow very quickly. But for the first time in my voting life, I voted for people who were elected. It's a very alien thing. I now live in a state whose senators, governor and attorney general are Democrats. WHAT!?! I know. It's crazy, but true. And that's not all...we took the House and are so, so close to taking the Senate. Any minute now...I can feel it.

P.S.--It's all decided now. And yea! The House, the Senate and no more Donald Rumsfeld! What could be better!

1 comment:

RM said...

Looks like the Dems may have taken the Senate too, with Virginia still left to be decided. We stayed up late watching too, though gave in to sleep in the end.