"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."--Dorothy Day

8.04.2006

The End of Days.

I do believe the apocalypse may be upon us. But it's not so much the frightening heat waves, wars, famines, disease, etc. It's Pat Robertson. Pat frequently prompts me to believe that it is the end of days, mainly because I don't believe he should be allowed to exist. But not today. This morning on Good Morning America, Pat Robertson was shown admitting that Global Warming might indeed exist. "What?!?" I said. "Gay people and liberals aren't to blame for all catastrophic weather systems and earthly blights." I am shocked. Shock and awe. I am enraptured to sit and ponder the future possibilities. On The 700 Club saying, "Hey, maybe gay marriage wouldn't be so bad. And that Hugo Chavez is a great guy. Viva la revolucion!" The possibilities are endless.

No comments: