"Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer."--Dorothy Day

10.27.2006

Curses!

I am famous for my anxiety dreams. In one I waited in a doctor's office waiting room for 24 hours before I was seen, and then when someone finally saw me it was not a doctor, but the mother of a guy I knew in the 3rd grade. Well, I have had a day today that is like one of these dreams come true. This morning I had a meeting at my company's corporate office in the financial district, so I went down there only to find that this meeting did not exist. I have no idea what happened to it, but I spoke to several people and I was the only one who had ever heard of it existing. Then I had to find the train to get to my office but instead just wandered in circles for about half an hour through the maze of identical buildings. And now that I have finally gotten to work, all hell is on the verge of breaking loose, but I can do nothing to stop it. So I comically shake my fist at the sky, and hope that I will wake up before I get to the point in the dream where my teeth start falling out.

1 comment:

Clare said...

I was once given a piece of citrine (a yellow stone) for anxiety dreams. I was told to keep it near the top of my bed at night. It worked, too.

I passed it on to my dad who is famous for his anxiety dreams. He is very cynical about these things, but it worked for him too.